When ordered by the Georgia State Adjutant General, provide an organized, trained, disciplined, rapid response volunteer force to assist state and local government agencies and civil relief organizations in impending or actual emergencies to assure the welfare and safety of the citizens of Georgia. Also, on order, support the activities of the Georgia National Guard and other branches of the Georgia Department of Defense.
BASIC MISSION ESSENTIAL TASK LIST (BMETL):
- Support and augment Georgia National Guard forces.
- Provide professional skills to the Georgia Department of Defense.
- Assist Georgia communities.
EXPANDED MISSION ESSENTIAL TASK LIST (EMETL):
- General Military Knowledge
- Law Enforcement Assistance
- Land Navigation
- Medical operations
- Public Affairs
- Disaster Relief Support
- Search and Rescue Operations
- Military Operations
- Liaison Officer Operations
- Chaplain Support
- Community Engagement Operations
- Staff Judge Advocate Support
- Concept of Operations Plan (CONPLAN) 3500 Taskings
- Other Tasks as Authorized by The Adjutant General (TAG) – Georgia
The Georgia State Defense Force is a legally constituted element of the Georgia Department of Defense, serving in support of the national and state constitutions under direction of the Governor and the Adjutant General of the State of Georgia