(GSDF Soldier’s Handbook: “Appendix B”)
1. The maintenance of appropriate height and weight standards is important not only to general health but to ensure safe performance of GSDF duties and acceptable appearance in uniform.
2. The height and weight table below prescribes maximum allowable weight for GSDF personnel based on height. Measurements will be taken without shoes. Height will be rounded to the nearest inch. Three pounds credit may be given for regular street clothing.
3. Personnel who do not meet these standards are strongly encouraged to contact their personal physician who can make recommendations regarding diet and exercise programs to bring weight into acceptable and healthful limits. The GSDF Surgeon and GSDF medical personnel are also available to provide dietary and exercise advice.
4. Personnel who do not meet the standards prescribed in the accompanying table may not be allowed to wear the Class A, B, or dress uniforms. Brigade Commanders have the latitude to determine if personnel exceeding the standards present an acceptable appearance in these uniforms.
5. The standards contained here exceed those allowed for active/reserve component personnel and take into account the nature of GSDF duties. They are designed to ensure that GSDF personnel present minimum acceptable appearance when in uniform.
Maximum Allowable Weight in pounds for Age (Male/Female):
|Height (In)||21 – 27||28 – 39||40 – 51||>52|